September 9, 2008

I Love You

Three works. Three small words. Small, though they can cause love, heartbreak, and sadness. 

I love you. When do we say it? Is there really an appropriate time? When we are leaving to go somewhere? Do we say it randomly? Is there a time where we shouldn't say it? When is the right time to say "I love you"? 

And, who do we say this to? The people who we love? Our parents, our boyfriend or girlfriend? Our brothers and sisters? 

And if someone says "I love you" to you, what do you say back? I love you too? But isn't "I love you too" a generic  response? Does it really get the message across to the person who you want to get it across to? 

And, what if someone says "I love you" to you, and you don't love them, what do you say? Do you say "I love you too" because you don't want to offend the person? What do you do?

No comments: