November 25, 2008

Rain

It's raining. Right now as I am typing, actually. I love the rain. Well, since I live in California, it's kind of hard to hate it when it rains so little. 

I think the rain is so romantic. I don't know why. It might be because I always think of kissing on the rain... and I think that that is romantic. (Some people don't get this... it's okay if you don't... it's one of those weird things about me.)

And to think that we were literally having a huge wildfire less than a week ago. Maybe it is God's way of saying that we are okay and that he still loves us. Or, maybe God's crying. I remember studying an Indian tribe that believed that rain was the Rain God's crying. Seems like a nice explanation to why it rains. 

I also remember calling my grandmother when it would rain. We would always sing a song, something about an old man snoring... I don't remember. But, I got to talk to her in the rain... and that was nice. 

I'm going out to enjoy the rain. And use my new umbrella:). 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"It's raining, it's pouring
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed and he bumped his head
and he couldn't get up in the morning!"