December 31, 2008

2008 Memories... And Other Things

Today is the last day of 2008. The last day to make change in this year, and to hope for the next year.

I have a strong need to resolute myself so that I can become a better person. My 2008 resolutions, you may ask were filled by trying to be a better sister, having more patience, loving my family even more, and stop biting my nails. ( I know it's a disgusting habit, I don't get why I ever did it.) I finally stopped, and I owe that all to Maya and maybe to myself, but just a little!

We also elected our first African American President, and we broke other records. Sarah Palin ran for vice-president (not for Obama.) Hillary Clinton won for President, and backed down with a moving speech that brought me to tears.

There was bad news, good news, and sad news.

Businesses failed and went bankrupt.

People changed. People loved. People grieved.

One of the things that I learned to do more and more to love, and to open my heart more and more to everyone. I made new friends and kept the old ones.

People were born, people died.

Miracles happened.

This blog was started.

This year has held more happiness and joy than others, and it has been because if love. I am going to write my resolutions for 2009, and hope that I can follow them exactly like I did this year.

I am welcoming 2009, and hope it will be as wonderful as this year has been.

No comments: