February 16, 2009

The Host: A Book Review


I have a confession to make.

As I was reading The Host, I was secretly planning this post in my head. I wanted it to be amazing, to wow you, and I will confess, to make you read the book. I hope it will.

The Host was really, really confusing in the beginning, almost to the point where I wanted to stop reading it, and never, ever pick it up again. But, I didn't. 

I kept on reading. 

I was halfway through the book, and it just dragged on and on. And then I read ahead. 

I am strongly advising you NOT to do this.

Told from Wanderer's perspective, she tells a journey unlike any other.

Melanie Stryder, the host (human) for Wanderer is in love with a man named Jared, who rescued her and Jamie from life on the run (in a way).

Humans are considered "wild" and they are on the run. The "tame" humans have souls in them, and they (the humans) cannot control their bodies. Except for a very few.

See, I told you it was confusing.

I won't go into too much detail, because I don't want to give the book away... I want you to go buy it... and then blog about how great it was on your blog.

I laughed and I cried... it is starting like I am doing that more and more.

It was one of the best books I have read in a long time.

You can purchase The Host here.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I've been considering picking this pick up from amazon too. I loved the Twilight series from her too, so I may just give this one a go soon. :)