February 4, 2009

Role Models

Role models. We all have them, whether we like it or not. Some peoples' role models are their parents, other family members, authors, actors and/or actresses, singers, teachers, bosses, the list could go on and on.

I have a few role models. My mom, my dad,and my princess (my sister). Toss in a few of my friends, and you get all of my role models. Almost.

If there was a contest to see who was the biggest fan of her blog, I bet I would win:).

I did not know about her blog until September of 2008. As noted here, one of my mom's friends introduced me to her sister's blog. I read her blog, and then noticed there was a button for her sister's blog. I thought,"Why not?"

With that, I clicked.

And then I read.

What I was not prepared for, was how wonderful her blog was written, and how emotional it made me. Her blog was so lovely, I wanted more. And more. 

In August of 2008, her husband and her were involved in a near-fatal plane crash. They both suffered severe burns, and had to have multiple operations.

While they were in the hospital, I continued reading. It seemed like all I did was read her blog. 

I loved it. I laughed. I smiled. I cried. And, most of all I loved. I loved her family and her blog.

Most people ask how this is possible. 

I tell them this.

Her blog was so powerful, so moving, and so real, I felt like we were best friends. Maybe even like I was her sister. 

She is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met. 

(Except for my family.)=)

Many of you might have figured out who this is already, but for those of you who have not, this person is Stephanie Nielson

On February 14th, her family is asking that you replace all Nie Recovery buttons to be changed to I Read Nie Nie buttons. 

Click here for more information. 

Click here to get an I Read Nie Nie button. 

I love my Nie Nie button. 

I hope you will too:).

No comments: