February 28, 2009

The Story Behind TeeTee


I bet you all are wondering, "Who in the world is TeeTee?"

Well, here is the story behind the name. 

When my sister was ten months old, she began talking. She could not pronounce my nickname at the time, KeeKee, so she said TeeTee. That has been my nickname ever since, and all of her friends, people I babysit for, my friends, and, even some of my teachers call me TeeTee. 

I recently wrote one of the people I babysit for a card, and I included the address to my blog, if they wanted to read it. I got a message asking me,"Are you Melanie... or did we type in the address wrong?" My mom then looked at me and said, "You have got to change that name to something more personal, but you cannot use your real name."

Some of you may remember that I recently finished reading The Host. I instantly thought that Melanie (a character from the book) was so strong and confident, and I wanted to be strong and confident, just like her. 

So, I changed my name to Melanie.

And, it did not feel personal.

I changed my name to TeeTee, and it's kind of like NieNie, don't you think?

I have been teeteetheextraordinarybabysitter, mrs.cullen23, mrs.cullen, Bella Cullen, Bella Cullen:), Melanie, and now, TeeTee. (I plan on keeping the name TeeTee forever.)

And, I hate change.

Now, I feel like a hypocrite. 

At least I have my new Blogger name.

Your Hypocrite,
TeeTee

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Some of your teachers call you Tee Tee? Whoa.

McGlone Bunch said...

I have to say I loooooooove your Name TeeTee!!!!! You will forever be TeeTee :) just think all your Nieces and Nephews will call you Aunt TeeTee!!!!!
Love it!!!!
M~