March 3, 2009

TeeTee: On Being Proud

I can honestly say that I am proud for thousands and thousands of reasons. When I looked up "proud" in the dictionary, I found this definition: having or displaying excessive self-esteem; arrogant; big-headed. But, I am a very humble person, and I hope that I don't come off as being really full of myself. I am proud that I can cook and bake without burning anything.
I am proud that I have never been on a diet, or had an eating disorder.
I am proud to be a vegetarian, and when people ask me why I did, I tell them that I think the killing of animals is cruel.
I am proud say that I am not a big sweets eater, even though I do have a sweet tooth.
I am proud to say that I have all A's in my classes.
I am proud to say that I have never once cheated on school work.
I am proud to say that I get all of my homework done.
I am proud to go to school, and I am grateful for the chance to get an education.
I am proud to say that I have never ditched school.
I am proud to say that I would like to work in the field of Genetics, even though there is a lot of controversy with the field.
I am proud to say that I was LDS (Mormon) for 11 years.
I am proud to say that I question religion.
I am proud to say that I have never dyed my hair a different color.
I am proud that I have natural highlights.
I am proud to say that I waited until I was ten years old to get my ears pierced (it killed me).
I am proud to say that I can only wear gold earrings.
I am proud to say that I do not listen to explicit music.
I am proud that I come from the blessed land of America.
I am proud that I am Pro-Choice.
I am proud of my rich heritage.
I am proud that I do not sit in front of the television for hours.
I am proud to say that I do not play video games.
I am proud of my hourglass figure.
I am proud that I am not obsessed with "boys".
I am proud that I have a unique name, and that I was named after two people very close to my heart.
I am proud to be a Girl Scout, and that I am an active participant in out troop.
I am proud to have such a loving, tight-knit family.


To conclude, I am proud of this list.

Kisses,
TeeTee

I got this idea from Nie.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the list/Proud of idea! I wish I thought of it.
About the obsessted with boys, hmmm Are you forgeting last year? ;-)
Missed you today.

McGlone Bunch said...

I AM PROD OF YOU, I am proud to say you are mine for the time being.
M~