April 10, 2009

Flashback Friday: Meeting Kelly

{Kelly herself, taken from her Flickr Photostream.}

About one year and four months ago, I met my best friend. At the time, I did not know her, but I happened to kind of remember her name, because rumors about her dating life had been circulating about her dating life.

{She loves it when I bring this up.}

I was with one of my friends, and she was friends with Kelly. I was unsure of Kelly's name... I mean, I thought it was Kelly, but I didn't want to call her that if it wasn't her name. I asked my other friend, she said yes, and guess what I told Kelly?

I really, really love your shoes.

And guess what shoes she was wearing?

These shoes, except for they were designed a little bit differently at the time.

A couple months later, when we were the best of friends, I went out and bought the same shoes. We would either call each other or talk to each other at school to see what days we wanted to wear our Red Shoes. We matched shoes, and surprisingly, people noticed! Everyone loved them, and found it nice that our shoes matched.

This year, I have almost the same red shoes and Kelly has her own pair. We don't call each other anymore, but we do wear them on the same days without any coordination. We are so in tune with each other, that we normally end up wearing the shoes on the same day!

Another couple of months passed, and Kelly "liked" someone. We would follow him around, and I had no idea who he was. After the school dance {where we were following him around} ended, she told me his name. She told me not to tell anyone, and still, to this day, I have not told anyone.

I am glad I complimented Kelly on her shoes that night, because if I hadn't, I don't know what I would have done. She has helped me to find my spice. She has loved me for who I am, not for who I should be, and I love her for who she is, as well.

We have gotten married at the school dances twice, and I am proud to be her "wife".

We have helped each other through everything. The good, the bad, the boys, the struggles.

Everything.

Remember when I made that list of everything that I am proud of?

I forgot to say that I am proud to be Kelly's friend.

I am proud to be friends with Kelly, and I am very glad that I told her that I loved her shoes that one day.

Fate truly has it's ways.



*You can see Kelly's delightful blog by clicking here.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I can't believe that nobody has commented on this Post still! (Meeting Kelly)

I personally LOVE it! It's great. Your so kind! Thanks so much Sister/Wife and friend.