May 24, 2009

Death Comes Suddenly

Death comes suddenly and unexpectedly.

And when it comes, we don't know quite what to do. 

This time, it was someone I knew for almost nine years. 

She was one of the loveliest people I have ever met.

I miss her. 

Death comes suddenly. 

And we are caught by something called surprise.

When someone dies, we question God, and why he let this happen.

We smell the roses in our front yard. 

We look at people twice.

That's what I do. 

Eleanor, 

I will miss you very much. 

Remember how in March I brought you your favorite kind of Girl Scout Cookie-- Samoas? I remember how we sat and talked for maybe a good thirty minutes, and then I had to go home. I remember how you asked me if I had a boyfriend, how school was going, and where my sister was. Then, I had to go home. Now, I wish I could have stayed even longer. I still have the Thank You that you wrote me.. ah... I just found it again. I read it, and cried. I remember how you would bring us oranges and lemons.... they were very delicious. 

All you wanted was to come home during your last days, and you couldn't. 

If I was older, I would have brought you home. 

We will miss you very much.

Especially me. 

Kisses,
TeeTee

6 comments:

S.B. said...

These things are tough...

Always remember the good things...

Never forget...

Nikki said...

You really SHOULD read this series!!!!!! You would like it so much!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Nikki said...

Aww... i'm sorry about Eleanor. :( She sounds wonderful.

Jackiee said...

ohjeeze i love this. it reminds me of someone i know.

your an inspiration:]

Carrie said...

Sweet post.
~Always~

TeeTee said...

S.B.- Thank you for the kind words. I will try as hard as I can to remember the good time, I will try hard.

I promise.

Thank you all for your sweet comments, I feel a little bit better.

Eleanor was wonderful, and so full of life.