May 11, 2009

Marvelous Monday: An Act of Kindness

Step right up, ladies and gentlemen, to the first ever Seven Days of Blogging. The series started last Tuesday and it will sadly end today. It is the best thing since Flickr, so sit back and enjoy the last installment. 
In a world filled with hate, it is hard to commit to doing an act of kindness. But, some still do. 

I am one of those people. 

I say please and thank you, excuse me, and other polite words. 

I have had many people be kind and loving to me, but have I done the same?

Yes, I have. 

I remember when I was about seven or eight years old, my family and I went to Target. There was this lady who was probably eighty years old, and she she dropped something on the floor. I almost didn't pick it up, but then, I did. Even though I was only seven or eight, I helped someone. 

I like to think that I brightened her day, because she looked down at me and smiled. 

I've done other random acts of kindness, but that is the one that stands out the most. 

I found this quote today, and I wrote it down. I just looked it over again, and realized that it had to do with kindness. 

"Be kinder than necessary, for someone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
~Anonymous

Have you done any acts of kindness in the past?

If so, comment and tell me about what you did!

Let's toast to kindness!

Kisses,
TeeTee

Been here lately?

3 comments:

N said...

Someone sent something in to PostSecret with a similar message. A picture can be found here: http://media.photobucket.com/image/be%20kinder%20than%20necessary%20post%20secret/krayze/Misc/battle.jpg if you'd like to see it.

Anyway, happy Monday! I'm glad you are such a nice person. :)

Tamara @ Watching the Grass Grow said...

TeeTee, I like to think that I do small things all the time, but I was blown away the other day by the reaction I got. A co-worker's very young son had an appointment with a neurologist to try to diagnose some developmental problems he's been having, and there were no substitute teachers available, so he had to be here while his wife took the boy to the doctor. I offered to come cover his class if he needed to leave, and although he didn't take me up on it, his reaction later in the day really touched me--because he had been really moved by my offer--one that I didn't even have to follow through on. Sometimes people just need to hear that you're on their side or thinking about them, and no action is required.

By the way, we read a book to Andrew last night that was called "Tee-Tee" and it's about a turtle who is trying to find himself/find out who he is. It's all about being your own person and not "belonging" to anyone else.

marianna said...

cheers!