May 9, 2009

Secret Saturday: The Meaning Behind Pictures

When I first created my Flickr account, I went in search for the perfect quote to put on my profile. It was difficult, but eventually I found one that I fell in love with. 

"A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you, the less you know."
~Diane Arbus

Now do you see why I fell in love with it?

A picture is mysterious. 

A picture is a secret about a secret.

A picture is a secret, or an inside joke. Photography is art, and you truly have to understand its meaning. It can be a joke, a project, or even a job, for the more skilled of us. And it can even be a hobby.

I believe that it is supposed to be, though. The more mysterious they are, the more I like them. When I look at a picture, I immediately begin to wonder who took it, and what the people involved were thinking.

Pictures are an inside joke.

Photography is art.

Let's toast to the continuation of a great series!

Kisses,
TeeTee

You can see my pictures here.

2 comments:

McGlone Bunch said...

Okay again I say did you come out of me?????

Sarah :) said...

So true, dear. So true. :)