May 28, 2009

Seeds

As I went to sleep last night, I was thinking about seeds. More specifically, I was thinking about what seeds have to do with life, love, family, and religion. In saying this all about seeds, I meant them figuratively, not literally.

Because, well, you know, I am not one for the "gardening."

Life: 
The life of seeds happen something like this: they grow into something else. Granted, humans do not mature into aliens or something like that, but we do "grow up." I, for one, have "grown up", or evolved. Proof of this growing is seen even here on this blog. If you look at things that I wrote in January of this year, and things that I wrote a couple of days ago, you will see the difference. We change, we evolve over time. It's part of life. And... ironically enough, seeds grow, too. 

Love:
As you evolve, so does love. As we grow, we learn to love more. I for one, have certainly learned to love more. I have learned to take people for who they are, ignore the flaws, and love them anyway. Last Christmas, I truly felt loved-- and it was lovely. Love is confusing, love is hard, but in the end, it is worth it. And, we all deserve to be loved, by someone or something. 

Family:
As we grow, and as our love for each other grows, so does family. As we eventually settle down and get married, we just might decide to have children. Our sense of family is suddenly growing, growing, growing, until it can no longer grow anymore. Your family life is suddenly a flower. 

Religion:
As we grow, as we evolve, so do our beliefs. I for one, have gone through many "religious changes." I have been Mormon, and now Catholic. For a couple of months, I doubted God. I didn't believe that there was a God in heaven. Now, I am not so completely brainwashed with the ideas of religion as I used to be, I question things. As we grow, our beliefs might blossom into beautiful flowers. 

And, most of all, seeds allow us to change. 

We need seeds. 

And, who knows? 

They might blossom into beautiful purple flowers

You never know.

10 comments:

Sara said...

What a beautiful post!

-Sara

the-poet-girl.blogspot.com

Jackiee said...

this so beautiful!

marianna!? said...

i like this lots.
good work! :)

De Lly Dilettante said...

Wishing you loads of good sunshine and clear water to help your seeds grow beautifully :)

Lee said...

This really made me think. :)

Jessica♥ said...

hmm, interesting.

...love Maegan said...

it's so great that you question everything. I think that's the best way to make your own decisions about life instead of just following what your parents have taught you ...not that they are wrong but everyone has a different life path. You're a smart girl!

I love your header!

happy weekend :)

Carrie said...

Nice post. One of my favorite references to seeds is the parable of the mustard seed. They are truly remarkable little things, aren't they?
~Always~

cgw @ accidentally, kle said...

love this post x

Angela said...

Wow, this posting is really insightful. Beautiful job of expressing everything! Thanks for your posts!