May 2, 2009

TeeTee's Favorite Quotes

Step right up ladies, gentlemen, and blogging friends to read some of my favorite quotes. Quotes are the best thing since hot chocolate, and here are my favorites, so sit back and enjoy. Maybe even with some hot chocolate, just for me.
I love quotes.

When ever I go somewhere, I always have a piece of paper and a pen, so if I find a great quote, I can write it down.

Here are some of my favorites for you to enjoy, also. You might just find your self with a piece of paper and a pen, too. Don't blame me.

"Do one thing everyday that scares you."
~Eleanor Roosevelt

"We may have different religions, different languages, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race."
~Kofi A. Annan

"Everytime you show your courage, it grows."
~Juliette Low

"The most valuable thins in life are priceless. They are courage, compassion, wisdom, respect for ourselves and others, and a host of characteristics that we call the human spirit."
~Herbie Hancock

"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking."
~Buddhist Saying

"Character builds slowly, but it can be torn down with incredible swiftness."
~Faith Baldwin

"Ordinary people with commitment can make an extraordinary impact on their world."
~John C. Maxwell

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."
~Vince Combardi

"People forget how fast you did a job, but they remember how well you did it."
~Howard W. Newton

"The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want."
~Ben Stein

"Each person must live their lives as a model for others."
~Rosa Parks

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else."
~Booker T. Washington

"Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which he has overcome."
~Booker T. Washington

"Think of all the beauty still around you and be happy."
~Anne Frank

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary human being, but he is braver five minutes longer."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Most folks are as happy as they make their minds up to be."
~Abraham Lincoln 

"Strangers are what friends are made of."
~Cullen Hightower

"One is not born into the world to do everything, but to do something."
~Henry David Thoreau

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved."
~George MacDonald

"Learn as if you were to live forever, live as if you were to die tomorrow."
~Anonymous

"Right is right, even if no one else does it."
~Juliette Low

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
~Sir Winston Churchill

"It's called thinking, go with it."
~Anonymous

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world."
~Heather Cortez

"You know you're in love when reality is finally better than your dreams."
~Dr. Seuss

And finally, my absolute favorite....

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
~Anonymous

Kisses,
TeeTee

Been here lately?

9 comments:

g. said...

I love quotes, too. I keep them written down everywhere. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by! Great blog!

De Lly Dilettante said...

Thanks Tee Tee for sharing these quotes. They've lifted my day :)

Sarah :) said...

I LOVE QUOTES. :D

But there's more to the Dr Seuss one. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep at night because reality is finally better than your dreams."
But I'm just being nit-picky. ;)

TeeTee said...

Sarah:)- I would have never known that there was more to that quote! The website that I got it off of only said what I had written. So, thanks for adding more to it... it makes much more sense:).

Pansieberry said...

thanks for sharing these! sir winston churchill was an amazing "quoter". :)
i like the dr. seuss quote best, of all the ones from the list.

dbananad said...

I definately want to write down some quotes now. You give me inspiratrion and I'm not just saying that

James, Tamara, and Andrew said...

I love the last one/your favorite!

kle said...

great quote choices!

Tobye said...

Here's my favorite:

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
Anais Nin

Thanks for sharing yours!