May 5, 2009

Thoughtful Tuesdays: God and Religion

Step right up ladies and gentlemen, for the first ever Seven Days of Blogging. This series will run for a week, starting today and ending next Monday. It's the best thing since lap dogs. Are you ready? If so, lets begin.
God and religion. The center of almost every person, me included. 

I wrote this post a few months back, demanding to know where God was when such things like rape, kidnappings, and death happened. I was mad at God, because of this, I mean, he is "supposed" to be everywhere, so where is he when these things are happening?

I think I found the answer that I was looking for. 

Maybe God is here, but there is a reason why all of this is happening, maybe he has a plan for all of it. 

Maybe. 

Personally, I believe in God. I have always had my doubts, but the more that I look into religion, and when I study science, I can't help but think that there is a God in Heaven that truly loves us and believes that we are wonderful. 

I like religion, to say the least. I think that it gives some people a sense of belonging, and hope. I certainly feel enlightened and happy when I go to church. 

But, I believe that there are some flaws in it, also. I don't want to go into that, because I believe what I believe, and I do not want to start an "internet debate" on this blog. 

I have been enlightened by God and religion, and it fascinates me. I love reading about the history of it, and how it came to be. 

And I will be enlightened even more come on Saturday. 

I didn't imagine it, and I did not plan it. But, I am excited to have it come my way. 

Yes, it has something to do with religion. 

Yes, I will give you details on Saturday. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post, even though it was filled with my beliefs. If you comment, please keep in mind that these are my views, and that we all are different. I don't think that I need to say this, because we are all so very mature, correct?

Let's toast, to the start of a new series!

Kisses,
TeeTee

Been here lately?

4 comments:

De Lly Dilettante said...

Louis Pasteur, French microbiologist and chemist once said, "A little acquaintance with science distances us from God, greater acquaintance with science brings us even closer." Yes, there is a God :)

Sarah :) said...

Very nice, very nice.
It is often hard to see God in such a harsh, cold world, isn't it? But there are the reminders that He is there and always looking out for us. We just have to search for them sometimes. :)

James, Tamara, and Andrew said...

I'm looking forward to hearing the details about Saturday! I have to admit to being somewhat jealous of what you obviously have/get from religion. The only thing that comes close to what I imagine that feeling to be is what I get from family.

Alphie said...

I don't believe in a God, however I do believe we all have a soul and it just doesn't disappear when you pass.

In my opinion, there are many holes in religion which is why I don't trust it and have much faith in it.

Nonetheless, I'm interested to read about what will happen this Saturday.

=)