June 23, 2009

Flippity-Flop to the Barber Shop


A few days ago, I received a brown dress. Summer had started, and it was sleeveless. Perfect. Now, I needed the perfect shoes to top my outfit off.

This was not going to be easy.

I looked through all of my shoes--I found a pair of red shoes.

Nope, wouldn't cut it.

I found a pair of black shoes.

No, they didn't yell "Summer is here!"

I saw a pair of brown shoes hiding out in the corner of my closet.

No, my feet would get hot.

I spotted a pair of silver shoes that decided to hide, too.

No, those shoes aren't comfortable enough, and they remind me of winter.

Then, The Mother decided to come into my room, right as I was going to give up on my search for the perfect pair of shoes.

I asked her if she had any brown shoes.

"Of course, silly," The Mother said.

"I just bought a pair of brown flip flops from Old Navy, and you could have them if you want," she said, right after that.

"Awesome, let me try them on to see if they fit," I replied to her.

And, they fit!

Not to mention, they were the perfect color.

I have not taken them off since.

Except to go to bed.

Because, after all, brown is my favorite color, and I need to work on my tan-line.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Great Post TeeTee!
I love how I can wear Mother's shoes, but she can't wear mine! ;)

De Lly Dilettante said...

I like the way you tell your story. You make a little event in life interesting :)

cgw @ accidentally, kle said...

hahaha dont you just love the way those sneaky shoes hide like that?

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

Love them, and if you mean that brown dress from your post a couple of days ago, love that too! ;)
*Tricia

Lee said...

Those are really cute flip flops. :)
I had gotten a dress that I couldn't find shoes for.
I found the shoes, and then left them at home! Dangit!

Wendyburd1 said...

I live in flip-flops, so I hate THAT part of Fall/Winter, my feet hate to be encased!

...love Maegan said...

so cute! ...you're such a great photographer!

McGlone Bunch said...

I would give you anything in this world..and you are right, brown is the perfect color...for hair..especially eyes.
Maegan is right you are a great photographer.
M