June 11, 2009

You Have a Gift



As I put my dear Princess to sleep last night, I told her how proud of her I was. She had "only" gotten an Improvement award at her school, for reading. She was distraught, and nothing could convince her that indeed, she was not dumb.

"You are not dumb, Miss Princess," I told her.

"Yes, I am, all the other kids in my class are smarter than me," she replied back to me.

"They might be, but they do not know how to do one thing that you know how to do very well," I whispered back to her.

"What TeeTee?"

"They do not know how to love, with all of their heart," I replied back to her.

"And I know how to do that?"

"You should know."

At this point, I was in tears. 

"Well, my Princess, you love people, for who they are. And that, is wonderful. Few people have the ability to do that," says I.

"I guess that makes me smarter," she said, with a hint of a smile in her voice.

"I guess it does, good night."

"Good night, TeeTee, I'll see you tomorrow."




This was an actual conversation that happened last night.

Psst....
Vote for me here:

2009 BlogLuxe Awards

13 comments:

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

Couldn't be more sweet or more true!
*Tricia

Tamara @ Watching the Grass Grow said...

She's a lucky little girl. :-) She has an awesome role model!

De Lly Dilettante said...

You're a great big sister :)

Tobye said...

Awww! So sweet.

naturally nina said...

awww wow. you almost brought tears to my eyes. that is magical!

xo nina

Lee said...

This is the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. :)

Jessica♥ said...

awe! that's so precious.

marianna!? said...

this is adorable.
i wish i could color with your sister someday (:
you too of course!

Nikki said...

Wow! That is so sweet1 :D

Chew Yi said...

she knows how to love =)

Tay tulz said...

awwww thats so sweet

McGlone Bunch said...

She has learned from a Master :) You.
And yes you are a wonderful Sister...TeeTee

the princess hereself. said...

I LOVE HER DRESS.

LOVE,
THE PRINCESS