July 10, 2009

Being Addicted to One's Own



Okay, blog, listen up. Computer, dear computer, it wouldn't kill you to listen either.

I said listen-- none of you are listening, you are eavesdropping on the conversation I am having with one of my sisters right now, via Yahoo Instant Messenger ... because that's what we do 'round here.

Blog, you are killing me. I've got stuff to do, and you are just calling me and calling me! Ever since I decided to put that Flickr Badge in the sidebar, I cannot stop staring at it, even though they are my pictures, and this is my blog. When I triple check for typos, because you can never be too sure, I find myself mesmerized by my own pictures!

And that, my dear friends, is absolutely pathetic.

I can't even believe that I am admitting it here, for everyone to see.

But, take a look, you will be drawn in too.

Were you drawn in, just like I was?

No, you weren't?

Well, maybe you ought to look again.

What about now?

Still no?

Never mind then.

And computer, you need to work faster, or all your data will be erased come Sunday. Wait--even if you choose to work faster, we are still resetting you. Don't worry, all of the pictures will be kept safe, my dad knows how to do that.

I hope you two chose to listen, because I am not repeating myself.

I've got better things to do.


- TeeTee

6 comments:

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

Hi Tee Tee.
All too true. Amazing how our own photos become so much more enticing when they come from the screen of our own computer.
Have a great weekend, Tee Tee.
*Tricia

Kelly said...

"I've got better things to do"

... Like IM one of your sisters!

Anna Gray said...

LOL! Yes, I keep staring at the flickr badge too! Addicting huh? Thanks for visiting/commenting on my blog! :0)

Sheri said...

Your pictures are simply amazing that is why they make us stare at them :P GL with the reformatting the PC. My laptop is on severe life support bu never officially clocked out - yet. lol I'm glad I have my PC (but it too is on its last years as well I think). Hopefully yours works better after it gets its fixup :)

Wendyburd1 said...

Aggh it IS. It is freaking me out, gotta stop now! Ooh that one was NOOOO!

Laila Of Course! (and Banana) said...

Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog! :) I think this post captures perfectly the crazy things computers have to addict us more so to them. It's quite interesting to think about, hahha.

Laila
www.randomweavings.blogspot.com