July 24, 2009

Counting the Crows



On Wednesday The Mother took me somewhere special. I knew where we were going for weeks, but it was somewhere where I had never been before. I was very excited.

See, when I was still in The Mother's stomach, she listened to the Counting Crows all the time. If you asked me to sing one of their songs, I could. I love the lead singer's voice, I love all of their songs, and everything about them.

So when The Father announced to The Mother that we had tickets to see the Counting Crows live and in person, I was thrilled. I had been waiting for this ever since I was brought into the world.

At 5:00 pm sharp, we left the house to travel to the Greek Theater. While driving, The Mother and I talked and talked-- about everything. It was so much fun.

Then, an hour later we parked the car. We walked down to the entrance of the Greek Theater and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

After waiting forever, we were finally let in. Our tickets were scanned, and off we were.

Another hour of waiting and people watching later, we were led to our seats.

Then, the concert began.

The music filled the stadium with it's beautiful notes and melodies.

We sang along.

We danced.

We applauded.

It was magical.

And when it ended, I felt enlightened.




p.s.- Ask a question here.
You only have one more day!

8 comments:

cgw @ accidentally, kle said...

ah wow you lucky girl!

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

How fun to be able to share that with your mother. It sounds like a fantastic night. I love the counting crows.
Have a great weekend, Tee Tee.
XOXO
*Tricia

Laila Of Course! said...

Awww that sounds simply lovely! And the counting crows are awesome, I KNOW. :)

Be sure and stop by!

-Laila
www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

...love Maegan said...

awe. ..I used to LOVE their first CD. like LOVE IT! When I was sad, I'd get in my car and blast that CD and drive through the canyons to Hollywood and back. It would always clear my head. You're making me want to listed to it now! :)

Glad you enjoyed the show.

for the love of pictures said...

Lucky! I used to love the Counting Crows (still do actually). Their songs are great - great melodies and lyrics. Glad you had fun :)

Lee said...

I love the counting crows! I'm glad you got to see them, and it sounds like you had a great time!

Tamara @ Watching the Grass Grow said...

Thanks for reminding me to listen to them...

McGlone Bunch said...

the mother really enjoyed that night with her special girl (: i will always remember it and i hope you will too. it was my pleasure as it always is to be with you daughter. we also found a new band to love together augustana