July 4, 2009

O Spacious Skies



It started on the freeway. Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" played in the background. We were driving to a doctor's appointment-- my doctor's appointment. No one was talking... perfect. It gave me time to think.

I looked out the windows in the car, and saw a bunch of other cars, and people doing the same thing-- driving.

Then, I saw it. 

I saw the beautiful blue sky that we get to call ours. I saw the different people in their different cars. I looked to the floor and saw my multi-colored toenails. I looked back and I saw My Princess. I saw the puffy white clouds that decided to show their face.

I saw all of this, and thought to myself, I love where I live.

I am blessed in the way that no one else could be blessed. 

I have an awesome family, who loves and supports me. 

I live in an awesome place-- where the skies are clear and spacious.

I have an amazing life.

And even though I may be sick, it will all go away, eventually. 

And then I may be healthy again. 

I am glad that I am able to live in California, and to be able to have such glorious possibilities for my future. 

And God himself has blessed me in ways that I never thought possible. I am living proof that God is great. 

I am glad for these spacious skies... and for the promises that they bring us each and every day. 

Happy Birthday America, you have blessed me, as well as everyone else living in your beautiful land. 








"O beautiful for spacious skies,
  for amber waives of grain,
  for purple mountain majesties, 
  above the fruited plain!
  America, America!
  God shed his grace on thee, 
   and crowned thy good with brotherhood, 
   from sea to shining sea!"

8 comments:

Tay tulz said...

That it AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara said...

Amen! God is absolutely wonderful.

I hope you had a great 4th of July!

Alphie said...

I also love where I live and an lucky to have a (somewhat) loving family. =)

I hope you get better!

It's not anything serious is it? =x

Either way, here's a balloon!

O---~

Eri said...

Great blog! I am enjoying reading it :)

Thanks for brightening my day

x

Ashley S. Harmon said...

Really reflective. :) Isn't it amazing when you realize how blessed you are?

It never ceases to amaze.

Lee said...

What a beautiful sentiment. And I know what you mean. Sometimes it just hits me, I love this country.

marianna!? said...

this is genious.
i'm glad you appreciate life!!
me too.
and you're lucky to live in california, i want to go there someday.

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

Beautifully said!