August 15, 2009

And Then I Had Some Red Earrings



Before we left for Hawaii, I was addicted to online shopping. One night, I was browsing around Etsy. I found this little shop called Funky Vintage Kitchen, and I stopped right there. I clicked on the name, and found aprons galore! I put "apron" on my birthday wish list, and I continued to browse through her store.

There it was. I found a pair of earrings that called my name. They were red, one of my favorite colors. They were shaped like flowers, and they were beautiful. I had to have them.

So I emailed The Mother the link, and asked her to please buy them for me with her credit card (since I have yet to get one).

And to my surprise, she bought them. She told me how much money I owed her, and that she too loved my new earrings.

I did really love them.

Even though the seller was on vacation at the time that I ordered them, I ran to the mailbox everyday.

And when we got home from Hawaii, there they were, my earrings! I ripped open the envelope they were in, and I got to the real goods.

They were packaged so beautifully, I felt like I was getting an early birthday present. I opened it carefully, and there were my earrings! I starred at them for minutes, and then I looked at the rest of the little package. I noticed a pair of green ones just like the red ones, but smaller. I was confused.

I checked my email, and she explained it all. She had shipped them later then she had wanted to, so she had added a little surprise. The surprise was, small and green and just like my red ones, and guess what? I loved them so much.

I was so happy, and I loved doing business with April. She has one of the cutest family blogs that I've seen in a long time, and she makes the prettiest earrings.

I am proud to have her button displayed on my sidebar, also. It's so pretty, just like my earrings.

Thank you April, I love them!

12 comments:

McGlone Bunch said...

Consider those green ones gone little one!!!! keep an eye out for them on the ME!!!!!
The Mother :) I am glad they make you so happy. You deserve it.

TeeTee said...

I know where you live, since you are The Mother.

And, I know where I put those earrings. They better be there when I wake up.

Laila Of Course! said...

Oh, this is so sweet! :) And those red earrings are simply adorable. Honestly.

hehe, and I'm glad you don't like mosquitoes either! UGH!

Jessica♥ said...

haha. you guys are funny.
If you have couble earring holes, you could wear them both on christmas. =]
oh, I am SO clever.
I really like the red one too. It's super pretty.

Tee said...

Hi Tee Tee! Thanks so much for visiting me. Sorry I've taken so long to get by - we've been on a beach break this past week. We have a lot in common. I would say we might be long lost sisters, but I'm guessing maybe it would be more like long lost mother/daughter!

Cat said...

I love your red earrings! They match the red shoes! Gasp!

Yaya said...

Red is nice...almost as nice as orange. ;)

Lee said...

Those are cute!
I've become a bit addicted to online shopping.
It's a curse.

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

I Adore Those Earrings!!!!
The banter with your mother in your comments brought me a huge smile too, btw. ;)
XO*Tricia

Mrs Charlie said...

OMG! Those are so sweet! I think I have to buy a pair...

{april kennedy} said...

I am so glad you loved your earrings! I often sit and wonder if I picked the right name for my business. When I read your post about how you saw the name "Funky Vintage Kitchen" and stopped right there, it made me smile. Thank you. Thank you for the sweet comments, the great plug and the side bar action! Enjoy!! :)

JESs said...

I love your new earrings!!! and april that is the cutest name i have ever heard i luv it. :) check out my site p-smurf.blogspot.com which is soon to be known as mypurpletree.blogspot.com