August 26, 2009

Be Okay



A couple weeks after my dog Fanci passed away, I was still a mess. It was to be expected, and my family let me grieve by myself, just how I wanted to. One day, while I was alone, I heard a little voice inside my head.

"Everything will be okay."

I looked around, to see if anyone was near me. No, I was still alone.

I went about that awful day, and I honestly tried to make it better. I blogged. I talked to my sisters. I kissed the top of my dog's heads. I smiled. I got the mail. I opened the door and talked to Sophia, our five year old neighbor. I told her that no, my sister was not home. She walked away feeling sad, too.

As the day passed, those words lingered in my head. Every time I went to tear up, I suddenly heard those four words: everything will be okay.

And when I woke up the next morning, things were better. I felt like living again. I woke up and took in all the sun I could get. I lived the day with no regrets.

In the end, I knew that it would be okay.




As the weeks passed on by, it was. Suddenly the stars were brighter. People were suddenly nicer, because my outlook on life brightened just a tad. Things got better, and I spent more time enjoying my summer.

Before Fanci had passed, I was happy, and it seemed that everyone was happy, as well. When her death came along, it was completely unexpected. I fell into a pit of sadness, and I didn't think anything could get me out.

But I learned that as time passed, I could learn to cope with the sadness that I felt day after day. A month later, I sit here a stronger woman. I accept change, and I run towards my fears. I am ready to accept anything that comes towards me, and I stand tall, with my chin up.

Because in the end,
everything will be okay.

13 comments:

De Lly Dilettante said...

I love this post- very inspirational. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for saying everything will be okay.

James, Tamara, and Andrew said...

Love the post and the photo. This is something I need reminders of daily. :-)

Tamara @ Watching the Grass Grow

accidentally, kle said...

words cannot express how beautiful this post is x

Sky said...

Good for you, knowing everything will be ok, is one of the best fealings! =)

Nice picture too!

Cat said...

This was really beautiful. I just smiled through this. I'm going to remember this and think of it when I'm feeling down. Thank you for posting this!

natalie said...

Pets passing away, especially dogs, really takes a toll on you, doesn't it? When our dog passed away several years ago, it was heartbreaking. But this post just proves that no matter what happens, everything really will be okay. Wonderful words and photo :)

Lee said...

I'm glad that things are better for you now. I remember how upset I was when my gerbil passed away, I can't imagine how horrible losing a dog would be.
But you're right, everything will be okay.

Sarah said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your writing is beautiful.

Feel free to stop by mine whenever you need to :).

Everything will be ok!

Zen said...

So we'll no longer be seeing your fluffy dog accompanying you in your photos. He was kind of cute. Losing pets can be really heartbreaking but as you said everything will be ok in the end. And that's how it should be!

georgia b. said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your dog. i'm glad you are able to write about it here--it must be very therapeutic. you write well about it. i'm sure it is a comfort to anyone else who is also experiencing it.

what an absolutely beautiful photo.

Pappelschnee said...

That's a great post, thank you for sharing this. I've come across your blog for the first time today and I really like the way you write.

Jessica♥ said...

thanks for the post. =]
I still look around and think Sugar's there but a split second later I remember she isn't and she never will be. I miss her.

Tweedles -- that's me... said...

You have such a beautiful blog. I am so happy that you stopped by my site and said Hi.
I have been blessed reading your words. I also Thank you for saying everything is going to be okay.
Come back again
xoxoxo
tweedles