August 8, 2009

Holy Hawaii



Yesterday morning my body was delivered back into Los Angeles. I was sad to have left the beautiful island of Kauai, but I was thrilled to be back in the city where I belong. The car drive home was familiar and comforting. When we finally arrived home, the dogs greeted us loudly. The barking made us even more excited to be home.




When we landed in Kauai, I was speechless. Yes, I had been there before, but this time around it was different. I was older, and I didn't take it for granted this time around. Everything was green, and so beautiful.

When we arrived at our hotel, I was awestruck again. I thought that I had remembered it, but it was so much prettier than I remembered. We were shown to our hotel room, and some of us unpacked. We left to go to our favorite restaurant on the island, Poipu Tropical Burgers. While we ate, we spotted geckos everywhere.

The next day, we woke up to the sound of wind and the roaring of the waves. We walked to Shells, a restaurant located inside our hotel. We sat outside, and listened to the waves. Once we were done, we hit the beach.

The water was crystal clear. It was bright blue, and you could actually see the bottom. We spent most of our days at the beach, swimming in the beautiful ocean and soaking up the glorious sun.

On Saturday, we attended church at Saint Raphael's Catholic Church. The church was open and a breeze was present through the mass. The occasional rooster sang along with us, and when we left we felt enlightened.

We discovered new places, including a small beach where we met a black lab, who was looking for fish. A Hawaiian Monk Seal washed up upon the shore near our hotel:



and I discovered that seals and my dogs have a lot in common.

And one day, when I was climbing out of the ocean, a sea turtle decided to pop up right next to me. I got freaked out, but then I took the time to see what it looked like. And, it was beautiful. I had never seen something so big, yet so graceful at the same time.

And as our trip came to a close, we went shopping, where we purchased pearls right from Hawaii. I found the prettiest pearl earrings, and the prettiest bracelet. We found other delightful things, like shell bracelets and coral necklaces. And while I was browsing, I witnessed a man try to (unsuccessfully) steal something. A woman saw this before I did, and called him out on it. Later, she called the police, and everything (and everyone) calmed down once again.

On our last day, we enjoyed the wonderful taste of Lappert's Hawaii Ice Cream. It was the best ice cream that I have ever had. I highly recommend it.

On the way to the airport, I thought about all that happened in just one short week. It was a blast, and I experienced so many things.

And we will defiantly be going back next year.

*More pictures here.


15 comments:

sushigirl4996 said...

I love the picture of the seal! my favorite!

Wendyburd1 said...

It sounds heavenly!! I so wish I could experience Hawaii!

Lee said...

Glad you had a great time! Hawaii is like the classic American vacation spot, yet I've never been there before. I gotta go sometime. And I'm lovin that seal picture. :]

Jessica♥ said...

It sounds amazing.
Oh how I wish I could visit Hawaii.
=]

cgw @ accidentally, kle said...

sounds heavenly! that seal is too cute! x

natalie said...

Wow, it looks so unbelievably gorgeous there :D It sounds like you had an amazing time, with lots of yummy food and pretty jewelry. And with lots of wild life! The seal is so cute (I have a collection of seal stuffed animals haha :P) and seeing the sea turtle so close must have been awesome! I'm glad you had such a great time, I'll definitely be checking out those other pictures! :)

Cat said...

The pictures are beautiful! :)

Caramel Diva said...

These pictures are absolutely beautiful....thanks for stopping by my blog

marianna!? said...

I'm glad that you had such a great time!
I love the picture of the seal (:

Yaya said...

I'm so jealous! Although I would have lost it swimming with a sea turtle.

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

Hi TeeTee!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip. It was so much fun reading about your trip.
The photo of the seal is amazing!!!
I can't wait to go check out the rest. It's good to have you back.

XO*Tricia

BTW:
You've been tagged. Stop by my blog after 10:00 am tomorrow to see what you need to do.
;)

TeeTee said...

oooh.. I can't wait!

Lee said...

Wow... I wish I could experience something like that.
It looks so beautiful, and sounds like so much fun.

Carrie said...

These times of peace, and of rest, of serenity and of sabbath, these are the times I relish, and I can see you do too. There is nothing so precious as Creation.

McGlone Bunch said...

ka maka, it was a wonderful time wasn't it. i so hope your daddy gets it together and we can go back again this next year...as in 2010. i think i can motivate him (: so you will have more to blog about..love you, Makuahine