September 21, 2009

The Story of How I Fell in Love With My Future Computer



This weekend I was very busy. Doing what?, you ask. Oh, everything. I did all of my homework, finished my book, took some pictures, played outside, reset my computer, everything. And most importantly, I researched my future computer.

See, the story of my future computer goes back a bit, to on Friday night, The Mother and I had a conversation about computers. It was very nerdy, like extremely. Seriously, I don't really even thought she understood half of what I was saying.

But anyways, I told her my dilemma: my computer is slower than a snail. iTunes is slow, it almost takes five minutes to open and downloading pictures? Don't even ask.

I told her how old my beloved laptop was (2 years) and that I was just about at my wits end. I had no idea what to do.

Then she proposed a plan: buying me a new computer for next year. I'll be attending a new school, because that's what we do 'round here. She said it will be perfect... and I thought it would be, too.

And then we discussed what kind we might be getting. Laptops were out, and I am hesitant about a p.c. She proposed something else: what about one of those Apple Computers?

Okay-- I said hesitantly. She then told me the story of how a Mac was her first computer, and how much she adored that thing. And, she said that it would be a better computer for me, since I am more "creative".

I was sold.

Saturday morning, while we were getting ready to completely wipe The Laptop, I was online, looking at Macs.

And I fell in love. It's that kind of love that nothing can replace, and I fell hard. Oh, goodness, I had never seen such a pretty computer!

So in the end, one way or another, I am getting that computer.

One way or another.

* Picture found here.



p.s.- Please tell me what you think about Macs. Love 'em? Hate 'em?
Tell me everything, pretty please.





18 comments:

Alphie said...

Oh wow! We're using that exact same computer for my Valley Voyages class at school!

It's very good and fast. I'm coming to love Mac's a bit more the more that I use it (I have a Gateway Laptop at home and I've also had my fair share of problems with it...).

Wendyburd1 said...

Ehhh I like PC's more myself.You can only get Mac parts for a Mac computer whereas for PC's, it is pretty interchangeable.

I liked the Mac for my Computer Graphic classes, but found just trying to have fun on it, confusing. Try one out if a friend has one, etc before you decide. Returning stuff can be a P.I.T.A.!!

De Lly Dilettante said...

I'm using Mac and I think Macs are fine. Their programs on iLife make it very easy to explore creativeness compared to a PC. Plus, I heard it's more difficult to get a virus on a Mac. And that's great in my opinion. Cheers.

Cat said...

I love Macs. My little Dell is 2-months old, and it's so gosh darn frustrating. The deal was that I pay for half of my computer, and the Dell was the only thing I could afford. I love Macs! They won't get viruses and they go a lot smoother and sleeker. I happen to really enjoy them. :)

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

Good morning, TeeTee.

I have no real experience in the PC vs. MAC dept. as I have never had a Mac. I have heard mixed things. Some people seem to love them. Some don't. I will be very interested in hearing your review, though. How fun!

Have a fantastic week.

XO*Tricia

Jalene said...

Best purchase I've ever made in my entire life. I love my MacBook like a child. :)

Jen said...

I hear that Macs are fantastic! I don't personally own one but I do understand your frustration with the oldest computer on earth, and mine happens to be more than 2 years old... and being a writer it blows. I have heard that the more creative you are the better the Mac becomes. My friend is a graphic designer and uses nothing but Macs, she couldn't live without it! And your right they are so pretty, hard not to fall in love with!

marianna!? said...

I personally think that they are wuite confusing at first, but once you get used to them, they're great. I love them.
Good luck in the computer hunt!

Jessica♥ said...

I love those computers too! My friend Emily has one, or used to. I haven't been over her house in a few years. We don't talk much. But anyway, you can take all of those fun distorted pics and stuff with it. =]

Lee said...

I've never used a mac before. I've always been a loyal PC user, so...
But, I'd use a mac if someone gave it to me.

Michelle said...

Looooooove them. My parents have the one in the picture, and in person, it's unreal. It looks like it's from the future!

I love my macbook to death. They last SO much longer than PCs...because they love us back. :)

Elle said...

Macs are amazing! XP0
Macs over PC's any day!

natalie said...

I'm on a MacBook right now :) It's amazingly pretty, and shiny and sleek and smooth! And fast too, hehe. Plus this has a built-in webcam, so it has all that fun picture/video taking stuff with it too, and that's always enjoyable. I honestly can't think of anything bad about them really, besides that they're kind of expensive :P

Dallas Shaw said...

i cannot CANNOT live without my macbook pro.
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

GoldieLocks7 said...

I have a Mac and i will never ever use another computer. They are a lot better than PC's because they dont get as many bugs, the interface is better, and they just run smoother.

http://the-secret-life-of-me-4.blogspot.com/

Sydney Morris said...

I'm getting a laptop, too! I have no idea what kind it is. It is not over 2 years old and I hope it has fast internet. I enjoyed your post, please read mine at my page.

Happy blogging!

kELLO! said...

i love mac. best decision ever.

Kera said...

the best. no question.