October 12, 2009

On Being One Year Older



Yesterday I turned one year older. So much has happened in the last year-- it's hard to put it all into words. But, yesterday I was thinking about it. I have learned so much in my time, and I'm not done living... I've got too much to finish.

Yesterday was as magical as I had hoped for. We attended a party at my Aunt and Uncle's house-- and it revolved around the birthday girl (me) and the future birthday girl, my sister. And who doesn't like parties that are all about them? I opened my presents, and I got everything I asked for and more.

Yesterday, years ago, I was given life. I was born into this world, eyes wide open, ready to start my life. And that life has not been a disappointment. I am more than blessed, but things also come with ups and downs. But I've learned from my mistakes, and I've also learned more about myself from them.

Yesterday I turned one year older and wiser too.




And I
am looking forward to next year, yet another year to grow and evolve and learn and accomplish my goals.

11 comments:

sheri amor said...

aw.. goodluck :)

[ P . t ] said...

Happy belated birthday!

Hope you had an awesome day :)

Yaya said...

Happy Birthday!!!! (yesterday ;)

TRICIA @ The Zoo said...

So glad that you had a great day!
Cheers to another year of growth!

XO*Tricia

James, Tamara, and Andrew said...

Happy birthday--we were almost "twins." (Mine was Sunday.)

Tamara @ Watching the Grass Grow

Lee said...

Happy (yesterday) birthday! Hope everything was great!

Cat said...

happy birthday!
(:

natalie said...

Happy birthday, again :) It sounds like you had a great day!

marianna!? said...

Happy Birthday!
I wish you luck in the next year (:

georgia b. said...

happy
happy
happy
birthday!

georgia b. said...

oh, p.s.

i can not say how much i LOVE this photo!