November 7, 2009

Inspire My Saturday: One Quote

The following is my entry into Tricia's Inspire My Saturday link party. I participated in her last party here, as well. This time around, I am sharing a quote from the television show Grey's Anatomy. Sit back and read, and have a lovely rest of the weekend.


"No, don't close me up. If you get in and it's too complicated, cut the cord.
Paralyze me if you must.
I survived a war... did you know that?
I survived a war where they put bodies in to mass graves where there was once a playground.
I survived the death of my family, my parents, my brothers and sisters.
Then I survived the death of my wife and child when they starved to death in a refugee camp.
I survived the loss of my country, of hearing my mother tongue spoken, of knowing what it feels like to have a place to call home.
I survived.
And I will survive the loss of my legs.
If I have to, I'll survive it.
Okay?
But Derek, there is always a way when things look like there's no way.
There's a way to do the impossible, to survive the in survivable.
There's always a way.
And you, you and I have this in common.
We're inspired.
In the face of the impossible, we're inspired.
So if I can offer one piece of advice to the world's foremost neurosurgeon.
Today if you become frightened... instead become inspired..."
- Grey's Anatomy, Give Peace A Chance

6 comments:

TRICIA @ The Zoo said...

Thank you so much for joining me, TeeTee.
This quote was great. I'm so glad that you took the time to share with me. ;)

XO*Tricia

kELLO! said...

oh i loved this part! it gave me chills! =)

natalie said...

Gorgeous photo! And I love the quote - very inspiring! Now I understand why my mom loves that show so much :)

marianna!? said...

i really like this, it's beautiful.

Tweedles -- that's me... said...

What a beautiful quote you chose to share.
Thank you so much.
The words make you feel and think.
I love that show too.
love
tweedles

McGlone Bunch said...

sometimes when i feel frightened i look at you and your princess and i get inspired...thank you for inspiring me.
love, m