November 16, 2009

The Leaves are Changing and so am I



Yesterday was really the first day where I felt the transition from summer to fall. In California, at least in the part where I am located, it is pretty much one season, all the time: summer. Yesterday though, I felt the wind playing with my hair, I felt the cold beneath my feet. And as the leaves change from green to orange, I want to change too.

---

In the next couple of
months, I would like to become a better person. I would like to become a better photographer. I would like to apply what I already know to what I want to know. I want to become a better student. I want to become a better sister, a better daughter, and a better friend. I want to change as a human being, to evolve.

---

I have already started on these goals. And during the end of this year, into next year, I will push and push and push until I get these things done. When times get rough (and busy), I will hold on to the reins, just like Mrs. Language Arts teacher says to. I will I will I will, it is a promise that I made to myself.

---

I believe that this is why there are specific seasons. They give us room to spiritually and emotionally grow. Fall and winter allow for retrospection, resolution, and reflection. Spring and summer allow for more growth, and allow us to wake up in the morning by sunshine. All of the seasons have their specific reasons, and we must fulfill them.

---

Right now is the time that I must accomplish things. It is the time to discover who I am and where I would like to be in a couple of years. This is the time to put my goals into action. It is the time that I will reflect on what it is I would like to become when I grow up. Right now, not tomorrow. I must seize every moment.

---

And I will. I am accomplishing. I am discovering. Right now.

4 comments:

De Lly Dilettante said...

Great post! Let's all try to get better!

James, Tamara, and Andrew said...

Love it :-)

Tamara @ Watching the Grass Grow

natalie said...

I love the picture!

Lucky Californian... I wish it summer all year round here :P Good luck with all of your goals! I'm sure that you'll be able to accomplish all of them :) Seizing the moment is definitely a proactive thing to do.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I want to try too!
I will begin now!
love
tweedles