January 4, 2010

(500) Days of My Bangs and I



"You got bangs."

Why yes I did.

This statement was told to me about fifteen times today, by different people who noticed that I got my hair cut. How do I like it? I am in love with my bangs.

About two weeks ago I found a picture online of a woman who looked almost exactly like me, but with bangs. The thought to get bangs again had never entered my mind. But I thought, why not? It's just my hair and it will be a change, right in time for the new year. So The Mother called up the woman that does our hair. Turns out she was available, right in time. I was so excited.

But I had to wait three days.

I busied myself with other things. I watched (500) Days of Summer over and over and over. I fell in love with the idea of Summer and Tom together, but more importantly I fell in love with her haircut. I wanted it. I wanted it bad. I waited and waited.

And then the day came.

When she cut them, it was a major shock. There was hair... on my forehead! But I came to terms and I fell in love. Just like Tom. Except he fell in love with Summer.




p.s.- If you have not seen (500) Days of Summer, go see it right now! It is my favorite movie and I cannot stop watching it. Am I keeping my bangs for 500 days? Maybe, just maybe.



* Picture found here.

10 comments:

De Lly Dilettante said...

I want bangs too...but I'm afraid it will just look wrong on me. I'm glad you like yours :D

Meg said...

500 days? MY FAV MOVIE!!! I watched it 3 times over the weekend. obsessed? most def! I love her hair. Of course I could never pull off bangs as rockin as hers, I have attempted before and It didnt turn out as hoped. I wanna see yours!! YAY for 500 days!

Sheri said...

Glad that you are lovin the bangs! Great way to rock the new year. :)

Tamara said...

I'll have to check out the movie...I'm glad you don't regret the cut! :-)

natalie said...

Ah, (500) Days of Summer is just amazing, despite it being the dead of winter :D I've always wanted to get bangs, but I know that they'd probably just look wrong on me. But Zooey Deschanel's are very enviable! And I'm sure yours are too :) Glad you like them!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

cool looking bangs!
xoxo
tweedles

Cat said...

i tried to get zooey deschanel bangs once... they don't work for me. i'm sure you look fantabulous!

Tricia said...

Ooh, I love Zooey Deschanel! That photo of her is fantastic, and I'm quite sure that you look even more fabulous! Yay for change!

XO*T

Lee said...

I've got that movie on my list to see.
Wish I could see your hair!

Yaya said...

I've got bangs too!