January 3, 2010

Time After Time



Two mornings ago we entered the new year. This fact is hard for me to swallow, because with it brings the cold, hard truth. Another year has passed. Another year of changing, growing, discovering, learning, evolving. It has been filled with high and lows, a big roller coaster. But as the year of 2009 closes, I can't help but be grateful for all that it has brought onto my doorstep.

It brought happiness, it brought sadness. But most of all, I learned to take nothing for granted. I learned to cherish the moments. I learned how to live. I grew.

The following is a tour of all that my blog has been through during the past year:




January-March was a period of blogging that I am still in denial about. It was a period of time where I decided to blog about every single detail of my life. I tried out new projects, quit the projects, and talked about me some more. I learned a whole lot about graphic design and I wrote my two-hundredth post. I wrote silly little stories too.


April was a time of reflection for my blog (and myself, as well). I started/ continued to write posts for my "A Life Series" seen here. More and more pictures began to pop up, as well. My sister Kelly and I officially became sisters and a story or two of mine was shared.


In May I began to write more and more. Pictures and words worked together to help me write.


June marked the beginning of summer. It marked the beginning of something new for my blog. I started to write about my daily adventures. I launched my Here's to Me project, which has been a part of this blog ever since. I celebrated my blog's first birthday, one of many milestones that I have jumped over.


During July I published the Here's to Me lists that I had received. I wrote more and more about my summer adventures, and the freedom of summer. July 15th was a night that I will always remember. My dog Fanci was hit by a car and had to be put to sleep. That moment changed my life forever, as well as my summer.


August was amazing. I traveled to Hawaii and lived to talk about it. I published more lists. I was told that everything would be okay. The summer had ended, and it was officially time to head back to school.



September's archive holds stories about falling in love, more lists, inspiration, and a story about observing the world.


October was my birthday month! I began a new series... Tuesday Evening Confessions, which holds confessions from the day or previous week. Pictures and my blog became best friends, there were little words present. Halloween came and went.


November began a time for some serious reflection. I made it my priority to become a better person. I posted lists, letters, confessions, and pictures. I reflected on my Here's to Me project and then I posted more pictures.


December was an interesting month for my blog. I barely posted, because I decided to take a little break. I wrote a post about the past and the present, and vowed to write more. Confessions were present, as well as Christmas wishes. In the last days of this blessed month, I made the decision to get bangs! (I have yet to blog about this-- stay tuned.)



2009 has been full of ups and downs. As I say farewell to this year and hello to the next, I can't help but feel excited. I'm ready to start over.

Happy 2010!

7 comments:

Yaya said...

I just love your pictures. And I love how you incorporate them into your posts.

Happy New Year!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Every day is a new challenge.
You help so many people by being able to express what you feel.
Everyone wants you to suceed.
Even me.
xoxo
tweedles

natalie said...

2009 has certainly been a crazy year, full of ups, downs, twists, turns... all that AND a bag of chips! It's interesting to see how your blog has been changing over time. Hopefully 2010 will be a year full of amazingness. Happy new year :D

De Lly Dilettante said...

Lovely photos. It's been great following your blog. I must say I've learnt a number of things from you :D
Here's to 2010. Have a great year!

Tricia said...

Hello TeeTee.

I love how you posted about your year in just the way that you did. It's amazing to see how our life breaks down when we list only specific details and events.

I'm very glad to have joined you along the way this year, and am excited to see what the new year, the new decade will bring.

XO*T

P.S. Thank you for the book recommendation. I'm going to check it out today.

Lee said...

I can't wait to see what the new year brings to your blog. :) It's been quiet around here.

TeeTee said...

thank you all... it has been such fun having you all here and i cannot wait to see what the new year brings to my blog and i.
happy new year!